Please submit your application form to avail the price protection plan
Payless Energy LLC is focussed on helping customers not only by providing electricity and gas services, but we would also like to educate and help our customers to reduce their power consumption to save our planet. Below are some of the best practises which can be applied to help our mother earth to sustain longer.
1. We should not put appliances that give off heat such as lamps or TVs near a thermostat.
2. We should turn off our oven 10 minutes before cooking time runs out, food will continue to cook without extra electricity consumption.
3. Never leave our mobile phone charging overnight as it only takes few hours to charge our mobile phone.
4. Lighting accounts for 10% to 15% of the total electricity bill, we should turn off the light when not in use.
5. Our home won't cool faster by cranking up the thermostat, always adjust it in small degree changes. Install a programmable thermostat that will automatically adjust the temperature according to our schedule.
6. Please do not leave your bathroom or kitchen ventilation fans running longer than necessary as they replace inside air with outside.
7. Replace singe-pane windows with more energy efficient windows or add solar shades or tinting film.
8. Keeping refrigerators & freezers full means they will consume less power and will work more efficiently. So keep regrigerator & freezer as full as possible.
9. We should use dishwashers & clothes washer/dryver only during night time as during night time, its non peak hours which doesn't increases the load on tranformers and reduces the chance of an emergency along with keeping the consumption bill low.
10. Thermostat if set to 78* F in the summer and 68* F in the winter, works overtime to reduce our electricity bill consumption. Every degree of extra heating or cooling will increase energy usage 6% to 8%.
11. We should install ceiling fan which will allow us to raise the thermostat setting about 4*F with no reduction in comfort.
12. We should not leave our computer and other computer attachments such as Monitor, Printer & Fax machine on all day long. We should switch them on only when we need it and we should switch them off after we are done using it.
13. We should maintain a smaller difference between the indoor & outdoor temperatures as the lower the difference, lesser would be the power consumed to maintain that temperature on thermostat.
14. During daytime, avoid using the utility lights. Rather use the natural light by keeping the curtains & shades open.
15. Close blinds, shades, and drapes on the sunny side of your home during the day to help keep the house cooler bringing the temperature to a comfortable level.
16. Don't peek in the oven while baking! Every time you peek, the temperature drops 25° F and requires additional energy to bring the temperature back up.
17. Use your microwave instead of your stove when cooking! The microwave uses two-thirds less energy than your stove.
18. To reduce your A/C costs during the warmer months, use fans and keep those doors, windows, and shades closed during the day to reduce heat coming in.
19. Instead of overhead lights, use desktop lamps with LED lights.
20. If possible, wash your clothes in cold water. About 90% of the energy used by washing machines goes to heating the water.
21. Sealing cracks, gaps, leaks, and adding insulation can save up to 20% on home heating and cooling costs.